Saturday, August 28, 2010

Watch out for the tight end

We had a game down to the wire on Friday night with Centennial beating Antioch 9-7 on a late field goal.

Antioch scored its touchdown on a short fumble return for a TD. The offense never scored, but I think they were inside the 20 twice and came away with no points.

Centennial scored a touchdown with just under 2 minutes left in the game. The Cougars had all the momentum and decided to go for 2 and win it instead of going to overtime. We were pleased with that decision. Centennial's PAT attempt was no good, so they trailed by 1.

An onside kick turned into a scrum with a bunch of players from both teams trying to come up with the ball. Centennial recovered and drove down to kick a short field goal with about 14 seconds left. Not sure how close it was, but the kick was pretty low when it went over my head.

The excitement of the night - for everyone else - was seeing me on the ground. Late in the third quarter, the tight end ran a very short cross - 2 or 3 yards - and ran into me. I think I was OK with the first contact, but I think there was second contact from him to get around me and down I went.

On the next play, I stumbled over a defensive tackle's foot backing away from the ball prior to Antioch's punt.

If I had fallen again, I was ready to quit for a play or two to get my legs under me.

Got a light week this week. No games until Friday at White House. The rest of the crew have the TV game on Thursday at Tullahoma, but I'll be working stats at MTSU-Minnesota game.

No comments:

Post a Comment