It's not football, but it's football related, if you can believe that.
For the last few years I have spent most of my Saturdays refereeing youth football. This year I am not doing this. So, because of that, I got to spend the day with Amy & Morgan. We went to Nashville to the Nashville Dragon Boat Festival at Riverfront Park.
We didn't stay long, it was way too hot, but we saw three or four races and met some folks from Taiwan who were manning one of the booths.
I am glad I wasn't working football today. There was a kid at the league I worked that had heat problems. Always hate working games for that age kids when it's so hot. They don't know when they have gotten too hot and we can't stop enough to let them drink water.
Got to get ready to deal with the heat though. The times I worked this week were really hot and we were in shorts. With varsity games beginning, we'll be in full gear - knickers - on Friday nights. We'll find our schedule on Monday.
It was a great day, and we got some much needed rain later in Shelbyville after we got home.
Chuck
No comments:
Post a Comment