An official friend of mine is writing a blog about his season on the gridiron this season, and that has inspired me to do the same.
I am starting my sixth season of officiating football in the Central Tennessee Football Officials Association. We have had our weekly rules/mechanics meetings since the middle of July and we're winding down to the season openers next Friday - Week 0.
With me being on vacation, I have had a busy week on the field. On Tuesday I worked a scrimmage at Shelbyville Central against Cannon County. The scrimmage was shortened because a Cannon County player suffered an injury and they had to call an ambulance to take him from the field.
On Thursday, I worked a middle school game at Community. It was a county rivalry with Community and Liberty. It was a sloppy game as the crew seemingly had about 100 flags during the game, though I think someone keeping stats told us afterwards that there were 24 penalties in the game.
On Friday I worked at jamboree at Shelbyville Central. It was pretty uneventful, though I got hit in the varsity quarters pretty hard. A runner cutback and a linebacker dove at him and hit me instead. Heard my ankle crackle, but the trainer looked at it after the game and pronounced it fit. Just ice and take Ibuprofin. So now I'm laying here with ice on my ankle.
Week 0 is this week. I've never worked a game during Week 0, but I figure that will change this year. We won't find out our schedule for this week until Monday's meeting.
That's all for now. Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment